|How to Commit and Push Android App/Project to Pre-existing Empty Bitbucket Repository with Android Studio?|
The solution in full can be found here:
I typed up how to setup the plugin and how pull from a non-empty repo
(feel free to use parent directory of your own choosing, I just felt this
lead to a clean setup), the video has how to push to an empty repo
Setting up BitBucket plugin
- Download BitBucket Plugin for IDEA/Android Studio
- At the time of writing (2014/06/25) the official
plugin does not support IDEA13 which the current version of Android
Studio (0.6.1) uses. However, there is an unofficial
version that works (get the latest version)
- Open Android Studio
- On main menu click 'Configure' and then 'Plugins'
- Click 'Install plugin from disk', navigate to the plugin .zip file
location, select it, and hit OK.
- Restart Android Studio when prompted
Pull BitBucket repository onto local computer
- If Android Studio is not already running, start it
- From the 'Quick Start' menu, select 'Check out from Version
- For 'Parent directory' click "..." on the right and navigate to C:Users
- If 'repos' does not exist, create a new folder by clicking the 'New
Folder' button (or hotkey Alt+Insert) and name the new folder 'repos'
- In the 'Checkout from' dropdown select 'BitBucket' and enter BitBucket
credentials if prompted
- From the 'Repository list:' dropdown, you should see your desired repo.
Select it, and click 'OK'